October 27, 2020
After rumors earlier today that ELY was negotiating to acquire Topgolf, it appears the transaction will be a merger of nearly equals, with an all-stock deal that will give Callaway shareholders 51.5% of the combined entity and Topgolf’s the remaining 48.5%.
Net income more than quadrupled to a record $28,393,000 from $6,397,000 in the third quarter ended Sep. 27 on a 15% gain in sales to $304,959,000 up from $266,150,000 including a 15.1% same store sales increase, a pace that has continued into Oct.
Net income jumped 73% to $61,889,000 from $35,676,000 on revenues that were up 16% to $361,736,000 from $312,766,000, including a 6% increase in total pairs sold rose to 16.9 million and a 9% gain in ASP to $21.36.
Net income attributable to shareholders slid 11% in the first half of FY21 ended Aug. 31 to RMB 1,309.1 million ($184.6 mm) from RMB 1,470.9 million on 7% lower sales of RMB 15,769.5 million ($2,224.2 mm) down from RMB 16,957.6 million.
The bottom line dropped 11% in Q3 to ¥16,025 million ($151.0 mm) from ¥18,033 million despite a 19% gain in revenues to ¥103,919 million ($979.4 mm) up from ¥87,574 million powered by growth in both bicycles and fishing.
Net income jumped 36% to $7,611,000 from $5,616,000 in the third quarter on 16% higher sales of $77,785,000 against $67,179,000 as the wholesale channel bounced back after Q2’s decline and retail turned in another double-digit gain.
The Japanese parent of Daiwa said that revenues for the fiscal first half ended Sep. 30 are now expected to be ¥48,500 million ($457 mm), up from prior guidance of ¥47,000 million and well above last year’s revenue of ¥46,677 million.